Nothing takes care of the stress-crunching football munchies like a good sweet and salty mix. You might as well pre-make some recipe cards to hand out at the party, as your guests will be raving to know what makes it so delicious.
1. In a large bowl, combine Fritos, Chex, pretzels, and nuts (not M&M’s).
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with brown sugar and syrup, stirring to help it along. Bring sugar mixture to a boil and boil for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
3. Pour the sugar mixture over the top of the Fritos mixture and toss to coat (Note: Work fast on this step! Sugar mixture is extremely sticky and clumps quickly as it cools).
4. Place into a large roasting pan (or aluminum pan for easy clean up) and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir mixture around. Bake for 8 more minutes.
6. When finished baking, quickly pour mixture from roasting pan onto a parchment lined countertop to cool (the mixture will quickly stick to the roasting pan if not removed right away).
7. Break chunks into smaller pieces, sprinkle with M&M’s for color, and serve in a bowl.