This is hands down the greatest grilled cheese you will ever have. Prepare yourself.
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat with garlic, red pepper flakes and thyme.
2. Lightly simmer, careful not to burn butter, while you prepare the sandwiches.
3. Lay slice of bread out and spread ½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard onto each slice.
4. Add one piece of each cheese to each individual sandwich (cheese should be touching Dijon).
5. Using a pastry brush, brush the melted butter onto the top and bottom slice of each sandwich until all butter is gone.
6. Heat a skillet over medium heat and toast the sides of each sandwich until cheese is gooey and spilling out of the sides. Serve hot by itself or with tomato soup for dipping.