Corn on the cob has long been a summer staple, but this corn off the cob recipe adds a new tasty twist to an old favorite. The bursting sweetness of the fresh corn tossed with melty, buttery lime and the tang of feta and fresh cilantro will have your guests seeing fireworks long before the show starts.
1. In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil. Drop in corn and boil for three minutes, then remove and allow to cool slightly so they may be handled.
2. Cut kernels off the cob and into a large bowl. Add black beans. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, lime juice, chili powder, and desired amount of chopped cilantro.
4. Pour butter mixture over corn and beans. Mix to coat evenly.
5. Add crumbled feta or queso fresco and salt to taste. Serve at room temperature.