This flavorful, melt-in-your-mouth, cheesy breakfast casserole will be your new Christmas morning go-to. Because the bulk of the prep work is done the night before and refrigerated overnight, all you have to do is pop it into the oven in the morning and eat while everyone sits around the tree.
1. Trim all rind from Brie. Cut cheese into cubes and set aside.
2. Cook sausage in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain fat.
3. Cut crust from bread slices and place in the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch dish. Top with cooked sausage, Brie cubes, and grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Whisk together five eggs, two cups heavy whipping cream, milk, salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Pour evenly over cheeses. Cover and refrigerate for eight hours.
5. In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casserole from refrigerator and uncover.
6. Whisk together remaining two eggs and one cup of heavy whipping cream. Pour over the chilled casserole.
7. Bake uncovered for an hour, or until set (if middle still seems jiggly but the sides are browning, cover the outside edges of the pan with tin foil, and continue baking in seven minute increments). Serve warm.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Yields: 8-10 servings