Love pretzels, but never thought you could make them? Well, think again. These pinchable pretzel chunks are easy to make and even easier to eat.
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Pour milk into a mixing bowl. Top with honey and the yeast and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 10 minutes until foamy.
4. Fill a large pot half full with water and allow to come to a boil over medium to high heat.
5. Mix the egg whites and water.
6. Add flour and salt to the mixing bowl. Mix on low for about 3 minutes until dough forms.
7. Place dough on the counter and form dough into a ball. (No need to flour your counter.) Section the dough into four parts and roll each part into a long strand. Cut each strand into 1-inch sections.
8. Slowly add baking soda to boiling water. Place dough bites into boiling water about 10 at a time, and flash cook for 20-30 seconds for each batch.
9. Using a slotted spoon, take the dough out of water and place on the baking sheet.
10. Arrange all cooked pretzel bites on the baking sheet so that they are not touching. Brush each bite with egg white mixture and sprinkle with sea salt.
11. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the tops are browned. Remove from the oven.
12. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk in the flour. Let it cook for a few minutes.
13. Gradually add milk and beer, continually whisking to prevent clumping.
14. Once you have a smooth liquid, stir in the shredded cheese until it melts.
15. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, paprika, and season with salt and pepper to taste.