With the crumble of a cookie and the decadence of a dessert mint, these fancy treats make for a party in your mouth.
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
2. In another mixing bowl (with an electric mixer), mix butter and powdered sugar until combined.
3. Mix in peppermint extract and add in flour mixture. Mix until combined.
4. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for an hour.
5. Heat oven to 350 degrees during the last 15 minutes of chilling.
6. Scoop dough out in even tablespoon amounts, shape into a ball, and place on an ungreased baking sheet two inches apart.
7. Bake in the oven for 10-13 minutes.
8. Let cool on the baking sheet then transfer to wire rack.
9. In a bowl with the electric mixer, mix butter, half-and-half, peppermint extract, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
10. Spread the frosting over one cookie and immediately add crushed peppermint bits to the frosted cookie.
11. Repeat for each cookie.