These may just be the ultimate dish to bring to any Christmas party or potluck this season. Rich and cheesy with a hint of golden-baked crispness, you better pop a few on the way to your destination because they’ll be gone as soon as they hit the table.
1. In a pot of salted, boiling water, cook the macaroni for about five minutes until it’s just al dente (just a touch firmer than how you’d like to eat it). Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush a mini muffin pan with melted butter, then sprinkle half the grated Parmesan into the muffin cups.
3. In a large pot, warm butter and cheddar cheese and whisk until smooth (if having trouble getting smooth consistency, add a few tablespoons milk or sour cream).
4. Off heat, add Tabasco, egg yolk, and whisk again. Add macaroni and toss with cheese sauce until well-coated.
5. Spoon into mini muffin cups, making them slightly rounded and packing them lightly. Top with grated Parmesan and a light sprinkling of Panko breadcrumbs.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes, until golden on top.
7. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving, because they will set as they cool.
8. Sprinkle with smoked paprika. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 12-14 minutes