These little dollops of cloud-like perfection have the texture of a French macaroon, and they’re so easy, anyone can do them.
1. Beat egg whites with salt until foamy.
2. Add sugar gradually and then Jell-O.
3. Beat until very stiff (with electric mixer using whisk attachment).
4. Mix in vinegar.
5. Drop by teaspoonful onto the ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 250 degrees for 25 minutes.
7. Turn oven off. Leave cookies in the oven for 20 minutes longer. They can be left in the oven overnight to continue drying out.