Oatmeal might not be found on a fancy weekend brunch spread, but it does make for a quick, healthy, and filling breakfast option for busy weekday mornings. These two make-ahead, delicious overnight oat recipes will put an end to mornings of skipping breakfast, as you can just grab-and-go from the fridge. What are overnight oats? So glad you asked. Rolled oats soak overnight in milk or milk alternative in the fridge and are soft and chewy by morning. Add in healthy toppings and sweeteners, and there are literally endless options for fast and healthy breakfasts on the go. Mason jars work well as individual containers.
Blueberry Muffin Oats
1. Mash ½ cup blueberries in a large bowl. Add in yogurt and almond milk, and mix until smooth. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
2. Place in the refrigerator, covered, for at least two hours or overnight. Serve cold (may need to add a little almond milk if too clumpy).
3. Top with granola, lemon zest, and fresh blueberries if desired.
Chocolate Chia Oats
1. In a large bowl, stir together oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and salt. Then add yogurt, almond milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Place in the refrigerator for at least two hours, or until morning.
3. Top with fresh strawberries, chunks of dark chocolate, and a dollop of Greek yogurt if desired.