The public obsession with guacamole is so ubiquitous now that you can literally purchase screen-printed T-shirts and tote bags proclaiming one’s love for guac. Why not learn to make and customize your own recipe for a Mexican-themed dinner party, or simply for a healthy, hearty mid-afternoon snack?
1. Slice avocados in half and remove pits. Scrape avocados from their skins into a medium-sized bowl. Use a masher or the back of a large spoon to mash the avocados, leaving some chunks.
2. Add in diced onions and tomatoes, lime juice, and minced jalapeno. Mash together a bit more.
3. Tear as much fresh cilantro as desired and add to mix, along with the sea salt.
4. Stir until incorporated and serve with tortilla chips.
5. For more heat, add an extra minced jalapeno or even a Serrano pepper. For a fresher, more citrusy taste, add 2 tablespoons of juice from a freshly squeezed orange.
Recipe makes enough for up to six people to snack on.