An apple a day keeps the doctor away. And an apple fritter a day keeps the hunger at bay. Consider it a breakfast pastry, a post-meal dessert, or the perfect late-night snack.
1. Thaw rolls. Follow instructions on the package.
2. Cut each roll into six pieces. Scoop apples (but not the sauce) out of the canned pie filling, and cut into chunks.
3. Combine the cut-up-rolls, apples, and cinnamon. Knead everything together adding flour as needed until it clumps together.
4. Pat the dough flat on a floured surface. Cut dough into 16 pieces. Place the fritters on top of flour-dusted trays. Cover fritters with sprayed plastic wrap and let rest and rise for one hour.
5. Heat oil in a large pot to 350 degrees. Scoop up the dough with a floured utensil and flip the apple fritter over into the hot oil. (May cook several at a time, but don’t overcrowd.) Cook three to four minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove and place on a cooling rack.
6. Mix the glaze ingredients in a bowl.
7. Spoon glaze onto doughnuts, using a back and forth motion above doughnuts.
8. Set to cool and enjoy.