Calling all coconut cravers — this one’s for you. If you’re a lover of life’s little pleasures, then we know you’ll simply go coco-nuts for this delectable delight of sweet, flaky goodness.
1. Heat oven to 300 degrees. Coat the cups in a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set the pan aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg whites, salt, and sugar to combine. Then, with a fork, mix in the coconut.
3. Drop two tablespoons of the coconut mixture into each prepared mini muffin cup.
4. Lightly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes.
5. Let the nests cool in the tins for about 10 minutes. Then run a spatula around the edges of the muffin cups to loosen the nests. Carefully lift out the nests and allow them to cool completely.
6. With the melted chocolate in a piping bag (or plastic baggie with a corner cut off), pipe a small amount of chocolate into each nest. Add two or three candy eggs.