These delightful little sugar bombs are not only easy to make but are also great for little ones to get their hands on and feel included in the process. You could even start a new tradition with your children and leave these festive cuties out for Santa instead of cookies.
1. Place sugar cookies in a food processor and process until cookies turn into fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and process again until well-combined and mixture can be pressed into a ball (one or two minutes).
2. Shape cookies into balls about 1 to 1 ½ inches in diameter. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 15 minutes or fridge for one hour.
3. In a medium bowl, melt white chocolate according to package directions.
4. Remove cookie balls from freezer. Using a spoon or two forks, dip and roll chilled cookie balls in white chocolate, one at a time, until fully coated. Return to lined baking sheet and immediately top with sprinkles or else they won’t stick (a good job for the children).
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week (unless Santa eats them all).
Prep time: 35 minutes
Yields: 12-18 truffles, depending on size