These days, people love their dogs more than just about anything else. A container full of these vet-approved, homemade dog treats is the perfect gift for the dog lover in your life, or to stuff into your own pooch’s stocking.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment (you may need additional pans depending on the size of the cuts).
2. Pour the ¾ cup water into a microwave-safe bowl. Add beef cube and heat until almost boiling, breaking up the cube with the back of a spoon and stirring until incorporated.
3. In a large bowl, mix the oats, cornmeal, and beef water. Stir well, and let sit for about 10-15 minutes so the oats can soften up a bit.
4. Stir in the flour and the shredded cheese. Add 1 cup water, or just enough until you get a pliable dough.
5. On a floured surface, roll out dough until it’s a quarter-inch in thickness. Cut into desired shape.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Turn off oven and let the biscuits sit in the oven until oven is completely cool. This dehydrates the biscuits for better storage.