- Full Page: 8.125" x 10.75" (Trim), 8.625" x 11.25" (Bleed)
- 1/2 Page Horizontal: 7.25" x 5"
- 1/2 Page Vertical: 3.5" x 10"
- 1/3 Page Horizontal: 7.25" x 3.25"
- 1/8 Page: 3.5" x 2.5"
- 1/4 Page: 3.5" x 5"
Frequency: 12 times per year
Trim: 8.125” x 10.75”
Bleed: 8.625” x 11.25”
Live Area: 7.125” x 9.75”
Binding: Saddle stitch
Line Screen: 133
Print Method: Web Offset
Average Page Count: 100
The preferred method for submitting digital ad files is through email to email@example.com. Clearly mark your file with advertiser’s name (not the designer’s name, design studio, or advertising agency name). Also, indicate the month the ad is to run. File name(s) must be less than 25 characters.
Should be prepared as two separate full-page ads to ensure proper bleed.
Accepted Materials Formats
Adobe PDF created with press-quality settings, Adobe InDesign packaged with fonts and links, Adobe Illustrator (type converted to outlines and saved as eps), Adobe Photoshop (saved as a PDF with press-quality settings).
General File Requirements
File to contain only one page. All source files including fonts must be submitted with InDesign files for partial page ads. Fonts must be Type 1 or 3 (no TrueType). Pages must be created to correct size of ad and bleeds included when required.
All artwork should be 300 dpi at the size it is placed in the file. Images downloaded from a website or 72 dpi images are of unacceptable quality for magazine printing. All color art must be CMYK. The maximum ink density for images and colors is 300 percent. Line art must be 1200 dpi at the size it is placed and be save as a bitmap tiff file. All graphic images must be saved as eps, tiff or psd (single layer and no alpha channels). We do not guarantee color quality if a color SWOP is not received. Photos should be 300 dpi.
Convert colors to CMYK. Spot colors are not allowed in ads. Convert all spot colors to CMYK. In the absence of SWOP certified proofs, Preview is not responsible for the color reproduction. Rich four-color blacks must have a combined ink density of no more than 300 percent.
Keep essential matter 3/8” from bleed size. Live material on facing units should not be closer than 1/8” to center fold on either side of gutter — total of 1/4” for both pages. Have crop marks 1/8” away from the bleed.
When supplying a camera-ready ad as a high-resolution PDF, follow these guidelines:
- Embed all fonts
- Be sure all images are linked before creating a PDF
- All images and logos must have a resolution of 300 dpi at 100 percent print size
- Be sure all images are CMYK tiff, eps or psd in their native file
- Do not use spot colors; all colors should be CMYK
Design Services and Fees
Design services are included with every advertisement purchased for inclusion in Preview 918 magazine. Our design team will create a unique ad to your requirements and proof up to two times for each insertion. However, because design costs are built into rates, advertisers who require Preview 918-designed artwork to be released to other publications will be charged for the design services. Fees are dependent on the size and complexity of each ad.
- Late Fee: Finished ad materials submitted after deadline may be subject to a $75 late fee.
- PDF Fee: Any Preview 918-designed advertisement supplied to clients or other publications as a PDF may be subject to a $250 fee.
- Alteration Fee: Any ad not provided per our specifications may be subject to a $250 alteration fee.
- Images: Stock photos or graphics purchased for ad creation will be billed at cost.
- All fees will be billed to advertisers or agency of record.
If you have any questions about the digital requirements or if you have any other questions regarding materials, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publisher can’t be held responsible for the reproduction quality of any materials submitted that do not comply with previous specifications.